Sounds Like He’s Gone Fishin’ to Me



We’ve got a young’un here, folks. A young lady named Melissa has some prom issues, and wants to know what her guy’s all about. I think he’s wondering the same thing about HER, myself. Let’s take a look:
What does it mean when a guy says “I really like you” and also about a prom: :”I knew I was going to go but I didn’t know with whom.. who would’ve thought i would end up going with you” and “Who would you go with if I wasn’t here”?
Dear Melissa,
Honestly, it sounds like he likes you. From what I can tell, he’s trying to get more information from YOU. Let’s break down what he said:
I REALLY LIKE YOU
You know, when a high school guy goes ahead and says THIS, it’s usually pretty much on the button. I mean, this is not an easy thing to say at any age. In high school, I could barely say that I liked a MEAL, let alone a girl. No reason to doubt this one.
WHO’D HAVE THUNK IT’D BE YOU AND ME!?
This one sounds like a little bit of insurance. He’s trying to sound like he’s not TOO interested in you. It seems to me that he said this to try to let himself off the “I like you” hook a little. Kind of like, “Well, golly, isn’t this weird!? Here we are! You and me! Gosh, it’s not like I really, really, REALLY wanted this, you know, heh, right? Right??
IF I WASN’T HERE…
And here’s the fishery. He’s trying to gauge your interest in him. He’s not totally secure that you like him, that you really want to be there with him. Ideally, he’d want to hear that he was your only real choice, I’d guess.
Let’s put it this way: this is not a casual question. Not anymore than, “So, where do you see our relationship going, eh?” is when women ask it of men. It’s not about simple curiosity. He wants info.
So, there you have it, Melissa. I think he likes you, and I also think he’s not sure that you like him. If you do, I think you’re likely in  pretty decent shape. If you don’t, well, erm, he’s in for a lonely after-prom.
Help a young lady out, people. What’s this guy thinking?

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!