What he Means When he Says You Deserve Better



It’s Friday, ladies. And this week, that means it’s time for a quickie. What does a man mean when he says that you deserve “better than” him? Oh, this one always cracks me up, folks. It really does. Let’s manslate it:
2nd time asker here…different problem same guy!
What does it mean when a guy tells you “You deserve better than me and it took me the time we spent together to realize that.”
Ohh and we are finally broken up for good this time…no going back but that line is driving me crazy!!!
Thanks
Dear Beth,
The manslation for, “You deserve better than me,” is always one of two things:
  1. I intend to treat you badly, and want to give myself some cover so I can say, “Hey, I told you months ago that you deserve better than me!”
  2. I want to break up with you with as little fuss as possible.
It’s usually #2. The first manslation is more commonly attached to the phrase, “I’m not a good boyfriend.” But this one can occasionally be used in that sense.
But no, mostly it’s about getting out the door. Use the Golden Rule on this one:
WHAT HE SAYS: You deserve better than me
WHAT HE DOES: Leaves you.
Which one of these do you trust? Right.
WHEN SOMEONE’S DUMPING YOU, HERE’S WHAT YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO:
Nothing.
Forget everything he’s telling you during the breakup. Most of that stuff is just lube to ease his slippity-slide out the door. How do I know that? Here’s how:
Nobody breaks up with someone because he isn’t good enough for you. That’s not a reason to break up with someone. You break up with someone because you want to leave. That’s the reason. THE reason.
IN SHORT: FORGET IT
This guy got in your head, Beth. Evict him. Stop dissecting what he said for meaning, because there IS none. Nothing useful to you anyway. He said what he needed to do to escape (i.e. “You’re so wonderful and I’m such a worm that we shouldn’t date anymore.” Uh-huh.) Focus on what he DID. The relationship ended. Take it and run. This combined with your last request says that he did you a big favor.
And the truth is that he’s right, in spite of himself. You do deserve better than him. So…er…don’t settle for this moron or his ilk.
What do you hear when a guy tells you you’re too good for him, ladies?
If you liked that, you might also like...



Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!