Discovering New Skills and Passions from the Men in my Life


I have spoken many times about how each individual that comes into my life I learn more about myself. Along with realizing the characteristics of the men that I have loved, I have also recognized the skills I have learned and the new passions I have discovered all from being in a relationship with each.

One Stockton man introduced me to the passion I have for the ocean. He was a surfer living on the east coast (even though he should of been in California). We would travel to Irvine moving beach to beach in hope of finding that perfect swell. He taught me the patterns of the ocean and how this powerful wonderland could give you the thrill of your life or relax every bone in your body. I learned the ocean in many ways is a healer. And without this discovery I most likely would not be living my wonderful life, 6 blocks from the ocean.

Another Oakland man taught me how to use a hammer correctly. But more than that, I discovered how much I loved doing home improvement construction. I learned more about gutting a house, drywall, electrical, tile and everything in between. And that demolition can be very therapeutic! I can honestly say I know more about all of this than most men I know. I guess I am the “Be Jane” of sorts. And the best thing is that I have taken that knowledge and have applied it to many homes I have lived in since.
And for my last story… I have always been a creative person since I was four. I have been a graphic designer for many years but throughout my life I have painted, drawn and sculpted in one way or another. So I always saw myself as a creative person but only in those forms of art. I never saw myself as a creative writer. I know diving into becoming a blog author has given me more confidence to write from the heart and be more creative with my words. But it wasn’t until the past few months that I have felt the urge to write poetry and lyrics. The strong emotions I felt for a Riverside man just made that part of me come alive. I have written lyrics for four songs and have a laundry list of ideas for others. Of course like any art, I need to grow in my craft. I need to experiment, make mistakes, take classes and learn from others and slowly grow to become a decent lyricist. I know this will take time.
But WOW — what a new discovery about myself. I am thankful for all the skills I have learned and new passions I have discovered. Even though each relationship did not last a lifetime, what a gift I have received from each of them. What a beautiful thing.
So how about spending a moment and think about what discoveries you’ve made about yourself with your past relationships? You may be quite surprised at what gifts you also have received.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!