Are singles playing too many cards?


So why is it in a city that has a huge population of singles, I keep hearing over and over again that “dating in LA is hard”? It makes no sense to me. If there are a ton of singles, dating should be easy, right? Especially with all the dating experts, matchmakers and singles events than I ever thought were possible in one city, they are everywhere!
I have to wonder why dating in LA has the view of being so hard. Maybe its because everyone drives everywhere and there is no public transportation, like the wonderful Metro system of DC or subway of NY. Maybe its because there are not many neighborhoods where you can hop to different fun spots within a walking distance from Oelwein Backpage?
Maybe its the Hollywood scene, but then again, you really have to live here or have spent time here to know there is much more to LA than Hollywood. You have many types of areas here besides the Hollywood scene. My favorites are where I currently live, the awesome beach towns like Venice, Santa Monica, Manhattan Beach and the list goes on. It feels like in these areas everyone is more laid back and chill and less into what designer handbag you are carrying.
My dating experiences have been all over the map. A few good ones, but the majority have been not so good.

I have also had quite a few experiences with men I have met that seem interested, emailing back and forth, a phone call or two, and date is “tentatively” scheduled, then they forget or disappear off the face of the earth. Why is this? I have to wonder? Are singles “playing to many cards”. With all the online dating sites out there and people you meet along the way, are singles having a hard time keeping all of their “cards” straight? I honestly believe in checking out lots of possibilities and having fun along the way, but have singles gone overboard? Is everyone looking for the “perfect” person and putting their idea of that perfect person on a pedestal, that no one can ever meet those standards? Maybe even I am guilty of this, who knows.

My conclusion today (which may be different tomorrow) is that singles aren’t giving each other a chance to get to know each other. Meeting people, but then always asking themselves is there something better out there? One of our guest bloggers, Jeffrey Platts wrote about “Why do guys think the grass is always greener with other women?“. He talks about how dating can often be compared to surfing channels on TV. You are just about to commit to a show, but you always wonder if one more lap around the channels will give you the “perfect” show to watch. The same can apply to dating. He also provides 3 suggestions to men to have their own woman’s grass be the greenest in their world! Check it out >
It has been something very hard to get use to. I am use to meeting a guy… we go on a handful of dates and then we are an instant “item”. Having fun and crazy about each other…no matter Fort Dodge Backpage how long it lasts. I’m not use to feeling the need to “have the conversation” with a man to discuss exclusivity after 3 months of hanging out. It just happens with no question. I have to tell ya, I miss the pureness of how dating use to be. But I never loose hope, there must be a man out there (who is right for me) that feels the same way!

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!