Do you Believe in Love at First Sight?

Do you believe in love at first sight? If you search through love at first sight quotes, you will actually find that there are some which are very romantic while others are highly cynical.
For example, Leonardo DiCaprio was quoted as saying, “Love at first sight? I absolutely believe in it! You’ve got to keep faith. Who doesn’t like the idea that you could see someone tomorrow and she could be the love of your life? It’s very romantic.”

When I met my husband years ago, I think it was love at first sight for me. But I was hardly 20 then and haven’t seen much of the world to really know what I was getting myself into. I was just following my emotions blindly then, I would say, without giving it any thoughts about the type of person that he is and the difficulty of having a relationship with someone of a different nationality and the distance that would ensue. Anyway, I’m lucky that the relationship did work out and we are now married with a kid.

So, I always feel that when we are young, it is much easier to indulge in love at first sight and start a relationship without too much worries. I know of people who are in their 30′s and still single and they are finding it hard to fall in love. After all, when you are past 30 and have quite a bit of life experience, it’s kind of hard to just let your heart rules rather than your head. You tend to think more, be more protective of your feelings, be more wary of others and what they may be after, and more set in your views about what you are looking for in a person.
In short, the romantic notions may still be there but you just don’t let them run wild. I guess love at first sight is always a possibility, but it’s just that the older you get, the harder it is to act on those feelings.
Perhaps I should leave you with this quote:
“Love at first sight is possible, but it’s always a good idea to take a second look. ” – Anonymous
I’ll say this…I’d be more inclined to date a man who was a massage therapist and occasionally gave a few happy endings than a man who had a history of cheating. Why? Because in the former example, nobody is getting hurt.  I’d also rather date a man who was once in jail but who has turned their life around versus a man who still lives off his family or can’t support themselves. What’s important to me is that the person show’s that they are making the effort to live up to their potential.
What I find interesting about these questions is that you learn way more about your potential dates than you’d probably ever learn on the date itself. Does knowing all this stuff help or does it actually impede the process because you don’t have your own personal experience or interaction with said person?
How much do you really want to know about your lover’s past…and does any of it really matter? What things would give you pause and what things could you get past?

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!