How Many Kids to Have?

How many kids am I going to have? A typical question for many young families today. Since this is a mom and dad chat site, lets share a little of how each of us decide on the number of kids to have after we have committed ourselves in a relationship. 

Right now, I have one son. When I married my husband, we did not talked about kids and stuff. It’s more of take it one day at a time sort of attitude. No family planning issues seriously discussed except perhaps, my husband’s general talk of wanting 3 kids, to which I said no.

As my son grows, I’m still undecided whether I should have one more child. But I know of friends who actually made serious plans on how many kids that they want to have and not long after their marriage, out come the babies. It certainly seems like they have a very well-planned “project”, unlike me.
So, how do you decide on the number of children to have? Do you actually have a plan from the very beginning and you stick to it or are you like me, who just doesn’t seem to have a clue, even after a few years of marriage?
We have two and they are all we will have. I didn’t get married until I was nearly 30. I had #1 at age 31.5 and #2 at age 34. Both of my boys have health issues (#1 had open-heart surgery at 6 days of age, and may require future surgery; #2 has Sensory Processing Disorder which is part of the Autistic Spectrum). I have difficult pregnancies and #2 required bed rest for the last 6 weeks.
We did talk about children in the beginning and figured that three was a good number. There is a part of me that would still love a daughter. Had our first two children not had health issues and had my pregnancies been easier, perhaps we would have tried for a third soon after our second. But, I’m 41 now and the fact that I’m considered high risk without my age being considered means that we’re not having any more. But, two is what we were blessed with and we’re happy with our family as it is. I love that my boys have each other and even though they fight like normal siblings do, they also love each other and look out for each other.

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!