Trusting your Traveling Spouse

Recently, a friend of mine confided in me that her husband is now always traveling for work. He resigned from his old company a few months ago and his new job now requires him to travel often, maybe up to two weeks a month. So, she is worried that her husband may take the opportunity to cheat when away on business trips.
I told her to quit worrying over something that she is not sure whether will happen in the first place. If you are not sure if your husband will cheat, then why think about it at all? Why worry about something that has not happened yet, right?
Anyway, can you stop your spouse from cheating if he wants to? I don’t think you can, even if he is home every night. She argued with me about the temptation when a man is away from home and that you wouldn’t even know if he has cheated. So, I can only tell her that it is true that there are more opportunities to cheat, but that does not mean every man WILL cheat when they travel.
At the end of the day, the more you worry, the more you will distrust your spouse and ironically, the more you will be pushing him to find comfort elsewhere!
My advice? Keep your gaurd up and cheat on the men before they cheat on you!
Sorry but I know too much of scenarios like this. It’s always the nice faithful guys/girls that this happens to. This never happens to the bitches or conceited jerks. And guess what? They usually given a second chance.
Sheesh…you could just keep things on an unattached FWB level if you’re that terrified of being cheated on. Been there, done that, and I made it work for a while, but I want more and now I actually have a decent shot at it. Don’t create drama and punish a great guy because you’re insecure and full of baggage.
My advice on this stuff is always a little different. He was the catalyst for the hurt, but you did the hurt to yourself. We are the ones in life who hurt ourselves when it comes to these emotional issues. It’s not like someone took a baseball bat and hit us with it. The baseball bat is our expectations that we hit ourselves with.
The therapy is to sit there and say,
“If this happens again, and I am fine with it. I will be happy for the fun and good times that happens along the way. I will not crush myself with too many expectations”
When you get really comfortable with that, you will be surprised how quickly all the hurt and baggage disappears. Your energy will transform to the point where this may even not ever happen again. The modern existence we live, is based upon far more failures than successes. Before a scientist is able to come up with something good he has to endure hundreds of failures. Life is about weathering the failures, growing from them, learning from them, even embracing them. Good luck!

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!