Online Chatting : What That Text Message Really Means

Guest Post: Flirtexting: How to Text Your Way into his Heart is a popular dating guide that spells out the rules, the guidelines and the do’s and don’ts of the dating phenomenon of flirting over text message. “We date, therefore we text,” was Debra Goldstein and Olivia Baniuszewicz’s motto and inspiration for writing Loveawake. Once guys stopped calling and started courting them over text, they decided to equip themselves, their friends, and the greater cell carrying public, with the tools to cleverly respond to get what they want.

Guy: Drinks Wednesday night?
Girl: Sorry, I can’t. I’ve got a work thing.
Subtext: Girl doesn’t like guy. If she did, she would have suggested a day when she was available to reschedule.
The subtext is what we really mean by what we text. Texting can leave a lot up to misinterpretation, so it’s important that flirtexters are able to read subtext to understand what those 160 characters really stand for. Below is a list of common texts girls send to guys, and what they really mean.
TextSubtext
So sorry I never responded to your text Friday night. I lost my phone and just got it back!I don’t like you, but I feel bad ignoring you so I’ll pretend I lost my phone to be nice.
Hi there. So great meeting you last night as well.I was wasted when I gave you my number. Who is this?
Did you try to call?Please call.
HiI like you.
What are you doing?Pay attention to me.
I’d love to go out with you but I have a boyfriend.I’m going to pretend I have a boyfriend so you stop asking me out.
I’m so busy with work this week. I’ll text you next week when things slow down.I’m not busy at all, I just don’t like you! Don’t wait by the phone.
I’m actually out of town this weekend.I’m out of town and unless you hear otherwise, assume I’m never coming back!
Are you going to Matt’s party tonight? It should be a lot of fun.Please come to Matt’s party tonight. I just got my eyebrows done and I’m wearing a new top just for you!
I like you a lot, I’m just not ready for a relationship.I don’t like you at all. If I did, I wouldn’t be ending things over a text.
If you liked that, you might also like...

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!