Book Recommendation: “Date or Wait: Are You Ready for Mr. Great?” by the Dating Goddess.


Ladies, today I’ve got a special treat for you to start the week. My blogging compatriot, the Dating Goddess over at “Adventures in Delicious Dating after 40” is releasing a series of e-books, and I got a sneak peek at the first one, pre-release. Yeah, I’m cool like that. Jealous? You know you are.
We traded books (you can read her review of my new book, Manslations: Decoding the Secret Language of Men, right here) so that we could each do a review of each other’s book. And I have to tell you, I really, really enjoyed hers quite a bit.
It’s called “Date or Wait: Are You Ready for Mr. Great?,” and she’s putting it out as an e-book OR as a soft-cover, whichever works better for you. It’s a series of short, easily digestible chapters, not unlike blog posts (they were great for subway reading, or for anyone who has frequent short periods of reading time.) Each has a very specific angle of attack, but the main thrust of this book seems to be about redefining what dating can be if we’re intentional about it. She talks a lot about taking some of the pressure off of the whole thing, and making the decision to just enjoy what there is to enjoy.
A few things I really liked:
  • I’m glad dating is hard.” That’s the thrust of one of the chapters, and I love it. I had the very same realization about standup comedy years ago. The idea is, well, do you really want it to be easy? Nothing to get nervous about? Nothing at risk? No obstacles to overcome? Really? Well then…why are you even DOING it?
  • Getting out of your comfort zone. Much of the book seems to tackle this issue from many, many different angles. The idea being, options are either a.) outside your comfort zone and having fun dating, or b.) staying INSIDE your comfort zone…and likely being alone. No contest when you think about it like that.
  • No Pressure: There seems to be a theme of taking the pressure off of the RESULTS of dating (i.e. meeting that ONE person, and settling down) and just enjoying whatever dates you actually have.
  • Rules for Responsible Dating” This was one of the chapters, and it offers a great, great way to look at dating by respecting yourself, and everybody else involved. There’s no excuse for dating to be thoughtless, and Dating Goddess seems to have found a great way to keep everything aboveboard.
I highly recommend that you check it out. What I found interesting was that it isn’t just good advice for dating, but for doing anything that you might find challenging, terrifying, but ultimately rewarding.
If you ask me, I think that you should all head over to www.datinggoddess.com right now and pick up a copy!
Dew eeet!!!
If you liked that, you might also like...

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!