Things to Be Happy About

 

I have several things to be happy about today (none of which have anything to do with Super Tuesday - or Super Martes as I like to call it after a few minutes of watching Univision’s election coverage last night).

1. I'm moving back to my apartment this afternoon after 4 1/2 weeks of post-surgery recovery at my mom's house. When I stopped at my apartment the other day to pick something up, I burst into tears. Clearly I'm homesick and can't wait to sleep in my own bed. I'm surprised to say that my cat Applebutt may not be as excited to return home as I imagined. She's adjusted pretty nicely to the additional space at my mom's place and even kind of developed a "I'll tolerate you because you are slightly interesting" relationship with my mom's dog.

2. Yesterday was my first day behind the wheel, which means a whole new level of freedom! If only I didn't have to get out of the car and crutch everywhere, which is thoroughly exhausting. Drive-thrus are now my friend (and by the way, I am surprised and somewhat horrified to admit that I highly recommend McDonald's new Angus Deluxe burger)

3. I woke up this morning feeling like something was just different. I sat up and got out of bed only to realize that I had just lifted my left leg up and over the edge of the bed without any pain and/or assistance. My thigh muscle is back! Before today it just plain wouldn't move no matter how hard my brain told it to - a very strange sensation. This means I can get dressed without the assistance of a "dressing stick" and can get into my car without physically lifting my leg with my hands. Well, I haven't explored its limits yet, but I'm hoping.

4. Yesterday was the 1-year anniversary of this blog. Woohoo! Who knew I had such follow-through? Well, the ridiculousness of life helps, doesn't it? There has been a suggestion or two that I change the title to "Relationships are Warfare" since I met Wine Guy only two months after I started writing. But I don't know. Dating to me is a larger concept relating to courtship and this relationship is still about courting the idea of "Is he The One I'm going to marry?" (Sorry to be so stereotypically female, but that IS what I'm going for here). If that happens, then I'll consider changing the title. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

First Date: Taboo Topics You Should NOT Discuss

Are you dating a cheater?

9 Dating Tips to Make Them Work

Kim Kardashian’s Divorce: 16 Love Lessons Learned

Top 11 Dating Tips for 2022

Speed Dating Tips in Padova

Is Online Dating More Effective Than Traditional Dating in Padova?

Independence, It’s More Than Just A Day, It’s A Way Of Life

Love After 60, The Lube Of Life

Have You Become His All-You-Can-Eat Buffet?

Forgiveness In Relationships

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!