Disadvantages of Not Being a Pretty Girl: The Funny Fat Girl

I have written earlier about the advantages of not being a pretty girl.  Having time to develop one’s own personality independent of romantic entanglements certainly has value.  But let’s face it, being ugly sucks.

Now I do not believe that I am not ugly and I would believe that society would agree.  People have always said, even as a kid, I have “such a pretty face” which we all know is code for “such a pity that you’re fat.”  So, for the sake of argument, I was not ugly but rather just fat.

Advertisement

If you like to meet Canadian men for online relationships, you might also like to visit the following pages. Chat with men from ….

Salmon Arm

The thing about fat is that it can be (hypothetically) fixed.  You can’t fix ugly.  But fixing the weight problem often seemed insurmountable.

The history of fat:  As a baby and a young child I was in the 70th percentile of height and 60th percentile for weight.  Then there were some unfortunate events one when I was seven the other about ten that really jump started the weight problem.  I will address these triggers at some later point in time.  The events that led to the weight gain are immaterial for this particular topic.

I was not THE fat kid.  There were always one or two other kids that really took the cake in the obesity department.  I would categorize myself as just “heavier than normal.”  I was normal, but not quite.  I was never freakishly obese.  I was never so obese that I could not participate in physical education, walk up a couple flights of stairs, or break furniture or anything.  But I was too fat to be considered really “normal” or acceptable.  And as a young teen, every kid wants to be more than anything is to be normal and acceptable.

Before I get distracted by my own history of fat, let’s get back to the topic.  What is so bad about not falling into the sometimes unfair and unrealistic standards of beauty?  It comes down to trust.

It is hard to trust in anyone’s love, desire, or even like.  If a person has known little more than rejection over and over again, how can a person do anything but expect that reaction?  I am not saying that ugly and or fat people do not have friends.  I was often the “funny fat friend.”  Even though my friends would have never said (out loud) that was my role.  Sometimes I felt like I was the comedian opening act to warm up the crowd (that being single men) with jokes and witty banter before my more beautiful rock star friends would come out and be the real show.  I resented how my girlfriends did not have to do anything to get a man’s attention.  They didn’t have to be funny, smart, or hardly even talk.  All they had to do was be beautiful.  Not that these girls were not funny, smart, and could talk their freaking heads off, but they did not HAVE to be anything to get a man’s attention.  Men would be completely captivated and falling all over themselves trying to get the mute pretty girl to smile at them.  When minutes before I had her in stitches getting ready for a night out.  In fact, I had the guys laughing and having a good time just before the blonde or brunette bombshell walked into the room destroying any hope of any guy falling all over himself trying to make me smile rather than the other way around.

But at least I got to work on my comedic timing.  While we are on the topic, how many truly attractive stand-up comedians do you know?  I believe much of comedy is a defense mechanism.

So being fat taught me to be funny.  Great.  Put that on a resume or a dating website and see how far that gets you.

I am rereading this myself and thing, “Um… bitter much?”

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

I HAD SEX WITH A STRANGER FROM CRAIGSLIST AND HE DIDN'T TRY TO KILL ME!

What do men fantasize about? What’s “cool”?

How to Make That First Date Great!